Hi all–just a couple quick things.
- I am tentatively planning our recital date to be Friday night, June 5. I will be setting up the venue soon, so please let me know if for any reason that date does NOT work for you. Also, I would love your opinions on which you prefer–a more formal venue (a la Friendship Village) or a more relaxed venue that we can do a reception (like last year). It’ll depend what’s available, of course, but I’d love to know what you guys value as I set it up.
- Many of the students are accumulating a lot of Music Points from their practice 🙂 Just a reminder, if you want to redeem Music Points, please let me know in the lesson so we can count off how many you have, and then please email me if you don’t mind so I remember to send you the credit! Often when I go home it’s into the bedtime whirlwind and I try to get back to my teaching notes in a timely fashion, but sometimes I forget…as some of you know…so please do not ever feel bad reminding me 🙂
- Related to that, there is now a Music Picks page up on the sidebar with a ton of ideas for great music you can choose with your points. You are not limited to what’s there but there is a ton of good stuff there if you need any ideas!
Thanks so much–a wonderful weekend to you all!
Lots of details today, so we’ll stay short and to the point!
- For recital:
- All students should plan to arrive around 6 pm for the 6:30 recital. Tuning will happen between 6:10 and 6:20 and we’ll use the extra few minutes to get settled and ready to play!
- Our setting will not be quite as formal as in past years; however, performers should plan to “dress up” to some extent for the special occasion.
- For the reception, I will be providing chocolate and vanilla ice cream (including dairy-free),drinks, etc. I’d love for each family to bring your favorite ice cream topping! (you are welcome to bring more than one 🙂 )
- Piano rehearsal times will be Thursday May 29 (Itasca) and Monday June 2(Streamwood), with an optional extra practice on Thursday June 5 at my home studio in Streamwood. Please see your email for tentative individual rehearsal times. Please confirm ASAP if any changes need to be made!!!
- Like last year, I encourage each student to have “something to say” about their piece–history, challenges, what they enjoyed about it, etc. If we have not talked about that yet, please remind me in your lesson this week! 🙂
- Also upcoming:
- Orchestra audition season–many of you have already talked to me to make sure you are on the right track with your preparations. If you are planning to audition and have not yet me about it–please let me know so I can help you be sure of your preparation! If you have not thought about this yet–it may not be too late! Schaumburg and Elgin youth orchestras are both wonderful opportunities that I encourage for all students. If you think you might be interested, please follow the links in the sidebar to contact the audition setup people ASAP! Most of the auditions happen between now and first of June.
- Summer lessons–Please contact me when you know what dates you would like to plan lessons this summer. I hope to continue teaching through the middle or end of July, mostly on our normal Mondays and Thursdays, with alternate options on Wednesday afternoons/Saturday mornings. I often encourage students to take the week after recital off, though given our short timetable this summer I’m certainly happy to schedule lessons right away for anybody who wants to jump right back in!
Have a great week!